12) Be more or less specific.
13) Understatement is always best.
14) Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
15) One-word sentences? Eliminate.
16) Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
17) A writer must not shift your point of view.
18) Don't overuse exclamation marks!!!
19) Place pronouns as close as possible, especially in long sentences, as of 10 or more words, to their antecedents. TO BE CONTINUED!
20) Writing carefully, dangling participles must be avoided.
back to joke(s) of the week (index) back to joke of the week (collection) back to homepage